20.3.10

Hanif

Ik lees nu Something to tell you van Hanif Kureishi. Ik kan heel lang staren naar de kaft, zo mooi is die, kijk maar:

Ik citeer even een willekeurig stukje:

   Miriam sat beside Henry, opened the box and unwrapped some grass. She offered it to his nose – a nose which had travelled the length and breadth of France in search of wine, with actor pals resilient enough to enjoy his monologues.
   “Against death and authoritarianism there is only one thing,” he said once. “Love?” I suggested. “Culture, I was going to say,” he said. “Far more important. Any clown can fall in love or have sex. But to write a play, paint a Rothko or discover the unconscious – aren’t these extraordinairy feats of imagination, the only negation of the human desire to murder?”
  Now he swooned and his chins wobbled over the simplest thing.
“What d’you feel?” Miriam asked.
“Oh Miriam, it’s your fingers I am admiring.”


Fijn he. Ritme, woordkeuze, dialogen; alles klopt!

Verder qua (schrijf)inspiratie: dansen thuis op 12” hits uit de jaren ’80 en ’90. Yep Yep. Die sfeer, die tijd.

1 opmerking: